Ayurveda is known as the sister science to yoga. The word Ayurveda itself can be translated as “the wisdom of life”. It’s also been referred to as the “science of personal awareness”. Ayurveda is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. The primary focus of Ayurvedic medicine is to promote good health, rather than fight disease.
While yoga works to bring us from individual consciousness to universal consciousness, Ayurveda works to bring harmony within the physical structure of the body and connect it to the natural rhythms of the outside environment. According to Ayurvedic theory, everything in the universe is connected. Good health is achieved when your mind, body, and spirit are in harmony with the universe and the five elements are balanced. A disruption of this harmony can lead to poor health and sickness.
When you work with Lindsey one and one you will:
- Delve into the traditional practices behind this ancient science.
- Gain insight into your unique physical, mental, emotional constitution (prakriti).
- Discover the deeper “why” behind what is causing you pain, illness or stagnation (vrikriti).
- Learn how to immediately begin to re-structure your life in order to promote optimal well-being.
- Build a strong yoga practice tailored to your specific needs at various points in time.